- No signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days. Medical clearance is required to participate in training if a dancer has a previously documented COVID-19 infection.
- No close contact with individuals known to have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Should a dancer present with signs and symptoms of COVID-19 they should be directed home and instructed to contact their health care provider. Other teachers, dancers, and parents are to be notified about the possible exposure, however, the dancer’s name is to remain unidentified to protect the privacy of the individual.
- COVID Screening Policy: A self-assessment MUST be done for each individual and each time they enter our facility. This includes all dancers, parents/guardians, faculty, maintenance workers, etc. If you leave our facility and require re-entry on the same day, you will need to complete this form again. Dancers are welcome to join us on Zoom and dance with us virtually from home if they are unwell or are required to stay home due to quarantine orders. Click here to access the form.
- A mask MUST be worn by teachers, dancers, and parents at all times in accordance with our COVID 19 policies.
- To stagger foot-traffic and allow for cleaning, classes will end 5 minutes early to allow for a proper and safe transition.
- Dancers are not to bring extra personal items into the practice area. Dancers must remove street shoes at the studio entrance.
- All dressing rooms are CLOSED
- Live stream classes via zoom so parents can still view classes.
- At this time our studio lobby is closed to parents and only dancers and teachers will be permitted inside the facility. Parents of dancers age 6 and under can stay on site. We ask that they are masked and physically distance themselves from others while waiting in the ActivityPlex common areas.
- Pre-school classes will have designated prop bags to avoid sharing items.
- Dancers are to come dressed and ready to go. They will carry their dance shoes from class to class.
- Dancers will be working on skills that maintain a physical distance of 6 feet apart
- Handwashing policies and procedures will be posted throughout the facility and will be made easily accessible. Dancers will use hand sanitizer when entering the facility and when exiting each studio room.
- Used tissue, disinfectant wipes, and litter are disposed of in a lined waste bin that is emptied daily.
- No sharing of personal items including food and water bottles. Food is not permitted inside the dance studios.
- All training surfaces will be thoroughly cleaned according to Health Canada guidelines after each class. This includes all barre surfaces and floors. Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) is to be worn by cleaning staff to prevent contact with contaminated surfaces.
- All dancers and staff must self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19. If any signs or symptoms are present, the participant should not attend studio classes, should notify teachers, and should contact their healthcare provider.
- Wall-mounted hand sanitizer units for each studio room, lobby, restrooms, and entry/exits.
- A set cleaning schedule of high touch surfaces and a daily cleaning schedule.
- All dancers, staff, instructors, volunteers, visitors, and anyone else entering the studio age 12 and up are required to show proof of vaccination.
It must be noted that any advisories made by federal, provincial or local health authorities will take precedence over any proposed guidelines for returning to the dance studio.